UPSC CAPF AC Recruitment 2019 :The Commission released CAPF 2019 Detailed Official Notification for the post of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) at the UPSC’s official website, www. upsc.gov.in. A total of 323 vacancies are available in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Eligible and interested candidates willing to apply for the UPSC Assistant Commandant (AC) 2019 can complete application process from the official portal of the Commission – upsconline.nic.in. The candidates should check important instructions before apply online for UPSC CAPF (AC) 2019.
|Name of the Post
||No. Of Vacancies
||CAPF wise Posts
|Assistant Commandants (Group A)
||BSF – 100, CRPF – 108, CISF – 28, ITBP – 21, SSB – 66
|The application form will be available from
||24th April 2019
|Last date to fill the application form
||20th May 2019
||18th August 2019
|The announcement of Result
|A personal interview will be held on
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Overview
||UPSC CAPF AC 2019
||Union Public Service Commission
||Central Level Recruitment
||Group A (Assistant Commandants) including BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, and SSB.
|MODE OF Exam
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS
|| Paper-1: 125, Paper- 2: 7
||Paper- 1: 250, Paper-2: 200
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS
||Paper-1: MCQ (Multiple Choice Question), Paper-2: Descriptive Type Questions
||Paper-1: 2 Hours, Paper 2: 3 Hours
||18th August 2019 (Sunday)
- Application Fee can be paid via net banking, debit/credit card.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.200/- as application fee.
- The application fee is exempted for SC/ST category and female candidates.
- The application fee will not be refunded in any case.
UPSC CAPF AC 2019 Syllabus
For Paper 1 (General Ability & Intelligence)
- Current Events of National & International Importance: Awareness of current events of national & international importance in the broad areas of governance, societal & developmental issues, industry, business, culture, music, arts, literature, sports, globalization, & the interplay among nations.
- General Science: General awareness, scientific temper, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, comprehension & appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation like Information Technology.
- General Mental Ability: Logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude, numerical ability & data interpretation.
- History of India: Areas of growth of nationalism & freedom movement, Social, economic & political aspects of History.
- Indian Polity & Economy: Regional & International security issues & human rights including its indicators, Knowledge of the Country’s political system & the Constitution of India, social systems & public administration, economic development in India.
- Indian & World Geography: Physical, social & economic aspects of geography pertaining to India & the World
For Paper 2 (General Studies, Essay & Comprehension)
- Part A: Essay questions which are to be answered in the long narrative form either in Hindi or English among the topics as Geography, polity & economy, knowledge of security & human rights issues, modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, & analytical ability.
- Part B: Comprehension, précis writing & other communications/language among the topics as simple grammar & other aspects of language testing, Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments.