INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY
Regional Services Division
Recruitment of Junior Academic Associates at the Regional Centres of the University
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for eight positions (purely contractual) for Junior
Academic Associates in various Regional Centres of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068.
The positions are initially for a period of six months, extendable further as per requirement of the
University as well as performance of candidates. Remuneration and educational qualifications for the
posts are as given below:
Name of the Post Consolidated Pay Educational Qualification and Experience
Rs. 30,000-35000 1. 1. Educational Qualifications:
2. A. Essential: (i) Masters degree with minimum 55%
marks or B Tech degree with first class.
3. B. Desirable: Degree/ Diploma in Computer
Applications/ Higher Qualifications
2. Experience: Minimum 6 months of student support
services related experience in Open and Distance Learning
(ODL) Institution at University level.
3. Good knowledge of English and Hindi.
Job Profile: The nature of work would involve activities pertaining to student support services at the
Regional Centres like pre-admission counseling, on-line admissions, handling of counseling schedules,
Counselling reports, assignment handling, monitoring of support services, student grievances, etc.
Location: Tentatively at Regional Centres at Chandigarh, Khanna, Delhi & Deoghar
How to Apply: Interested candidates may send their applications along with a copy of Curriculum Vitae
and supporting documents at the following address:
Regional Services Division (RSD),
Block -14, Indira Gandhi National Open University,
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Applications along with soft copy of Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents can also be sent
by e-mail to [email protected]
1. The posts are purely contractual and persons selected will have no right whatsoever for
absorption/regularization in the University.
2. University reserves all rights to reject any application without assigning any reason.
3. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing
in the interview.
4. Short listed candidates will be informed telephonically or by e-mail ONLY.
5. Please ensure that your application reaches us on or before 25
th May 2019.
6. Please mention “Application for the Post of Junior Academic Associate and Name of the
Regional Centre” on the top of envelop/ Email subject and application.
7. Number of positions mentioned above may vary as per requirement.