INDIAN INSTITUTE OF CROP PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY
Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India,
Pudukkottai Road, Thanjavur - 613 005
APPLICATION FORMAT FOR PROFESSOR, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES
1. The candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Application form can be supplied on request to Director, Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology (IICPT). The candidates can also download the application form and other related information from the IICPT website (www.iicpt.edu.in).
3. Persons already in service (Government/Quasi Government or Private), permanent or temporary, must submit an advance copy of the application along with the application fee direct to the Director, IICPT so as to reach on or before the closing date. The applications received after the closing date will not be considered. The original application duly forwarded by the parent office must reach the IICPT within 15 days after the closing date.
4. Candidates should send only one copy of the application form addressed to the Director, Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology (IICPT), Pudukkottai Road, Thanjavur - 613 005. Only the following documents need to be attached with the application form.
a. Crossed Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- (valid for six months, with name and address of the candidate on its back) payable to the Director, Thanjavur Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology (IICPT), Thanjavur as application fee which is non refundable.
b. SC/ST candidates need not send any fee, but must attach an attested copy of caste certificate from the competent source.
c. Attested copies of certificates/degrees in support of educational qualifications.
b. Candidates are advised to fill each and every column (Part A & B) of the
application form appropriately. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
i. Note: Demand Drafts obtained before the date of publication of advertisement and after the closing date for receipt of the application in the IICPT will not be accepted.
ii. Demand Drafts valid only for three months will not be accepted.
iii. Applications not accompanied by the prescribed fee will not be considered. The fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
iv. Candidates applying from outside India should arrange to send International Crossed Demand Draft for US $20 before closing date for receipt of applications.
v. Videoconferencing option may be extended for interviewing candidates from outside India.
vi. Copy of Certificates of Academic qualification, experience, publications and their list, award certificates, proof of special attainments etc. may be enclosed with the application form.
5. No recommendations should be forwarded to IICPT. Canvassing in any form will disqualify a candidate.
6. A candidate must be in sound health. He/she must be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy the medical authority as required.
7. IICPT cannot advise candidates as to their eligibility for any particular post. It is for the candidates themselves to judge whether they satisfy the prescribed requirements, and whether it is worthwhile to apply.
8. Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology (IICPT) is an autonomous organization. The grant of leave, pay, advance travelling and other allowances, and other service conditions, of officers and establishments in the service are regulated mutatis mutandis in accordance with the Fundamental and Supplementary Rules, and such other Rules and Orders, as issued by the IICPT/Government of India from time to time. The organization is following Employees Provident Fund Scheme (EPF) only.
9. All communications, in respect of applications for recruitment against the posts advertised by the IICPT, should be addressed to the Director, Indian Institute of Crop Processing Technology, Pudukkottai Road, Thanjavur - 613 005, and should contain the following particulars:
a. Advertisement no. and date.
b. Name of the post applied for and discipline.
c. Address and phone number, email for correspondence as given in the application form.
Communications not giving these particulars are liable to be ignored
10. Signatures (with date and place) of the candidate are essentially required at appropriate places in both Part- A and Part-B of the Application Form. The IICPT in any circumstances will not consider unsigned application.
11. A separate application with separate fee is required for each post. Applications for
two different posts should not be tagged together.
12. Inclusion of any false information in the application form shall hold the candidate liable for such false information, and action as deemed fit could be taken against such candidate.
Instructions for completion of Part-B of the Application Form
A. For filling up of the Part-B, the candidates are advised to go through the “Information for the candidates” very carefully. Filling up of academic scientific information requires careful understanding of the elements.
B. Each parameter mentioned in Part-B carries certain weightage of marks. The Screening Committee will go through the application for assessment. Hence, the candidates are instructed to fill them legibly or even type on separate sheets.
C. ‘Any other information’: Include any significant contribution relevant to the post applied for and not covered elsewhere. In case of candidates dealing with work related to coordination/ facilitation, significant contributions can be given here for evaluation against other parameters explained above.